On Wednesday 9th of August we held our in-room auction event at the Catholic Club in Campbelltown.
Four outstanding properties were presented during the auction campaign. Two properties SOLD prior to auction, one SOLD under the hammer, and one was passed-in.
Here’s the summary:
ST HELENS PARK, 6 Fullerton Circuit – SOLD prior to auction!
KEARNS, 7 Drava Place – SOLD prior to auction!
CAMPBELLTOWN, 5/3-9 Warby Street – SOLD at auction!
RUSE, 42 Brindabella Street – Passed-in
AUGUST AUCTION EVENT STATISTICS:
- Three of the four properties SOLD at or prior to the Auction event – a 75% clearance rate.
- Our team achieved an average of 15 buyer inspections per property leading up to the auction.
The property that was passed-in at the event has strong buyer interest and we expect it will sell within the next couple of weeks.
Over the last 4 years of running monthly auction events, we have found that the auction method is a great way of getting buyers and sellers together for optimum results.
Many sellers still think that auction is only for expensive properties, or unusual properties that are hard to price. This is not true, and our past auction events results clearly illustrate that properties in the low to medium price ranges have a larger audience and attract more competition – it is these properties that do well at auction!
If you are considering selling, auction may be the way to go because:
- Auction allows competition through bidding to get you the best price for your home.
- The auction is live, allowing all buyers to see their competition and bid. As a seller, you will also see this process as it unfolds.
- When bids go over your “reserve price” (the lowest price you will accept) and you are “on the market”, at the fall of the hammer the person with the highest bid will own your property and sign the contract.
- There is no cooling-off period with an auction sale – the sale is final.
A big “thank you” to all our sellers from our August event for working with us through the auction campaign. Congratulations to all our buyers on their successful outcomes. Thanks also to our Auctioneer, Paul Casarotto, and our supporters Domain, The Macarthur Advertiser and Harcourts NSW.
OUR NEXT IN-ROOM AUCTION EVENT WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY 20TH OF SEPTEMBER. SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION, OR CALL OUR OFFICE ON 4628 7444.