Open home inspections are one of the most effective and efficient ways of marketing your property to potential buyers.
Some of the advantages of open home inspections are:
- You have time to ensure your property is tidy and ready for inspections.
- You can control the viewing times.
- Many potential buyers can view your property at the same time, rather than numerous individual inspections.
- Open homes can create plenty of activity, even in a slow market.
- Interest and activity at open home inspections can trigger urgency with buyers.
- Comments from open home visitors can provide valuable feedback on price, presentation, sales appeal, etc.
How can you prepare for an open home inspection?
Your Sales Consultant will do all the marketing necessary to attract the maximum number of visitors to your open home inspection.
Here are 10 tips on how to make your property “open home ready”:
- Declutter – an overcrowded room looks unappealing and smaller than it actually is.
- Create a positive and comfortable environment for potential buyers with a clean and tidy home, paying particular attention to bathrooms and the kitchen.
- Simple décor is best. Put away your more personal things including family photographs, as you want buyers to visualise themselves and their own things in your home.
- Make each room count. Give each room a purpose so that potential buyers can see how they could use it.
- Make first impressions count. Think about the first aspects that potential buyers will see – like fencing, the letterbox, gardens and the driveway.
- Remember the small things. Check light switches to make sure they work. Fix any doors or cupboards that don’t close. Fix leaky taps.
- If you can, give your walls a fresh coat of paint. Choose neutral colours to avoid individualising your property too much.
- At inspections, fresh flowers and so music playing in the background leaves a great impression.
- If cold outside, have a fire going or heaters on.
- Freshly brewed coffee or burning aromatherapy oils adds an inviting smell that appeals to buyers.
For more information on selling your home, speak to one of our highly experienced professionals on 4628 7444.