On Wednesday 28th of March at the Catholic Club in Campbelltown, over
100 people gathered to watch and bid on the auction of nine fantastic local properties. This included seven former social housing properties that are part of Landcom’s renewal project of the Airds Bradbury area.
Nine of the eleven properties submitted to the auction campaign were sold at or before the auction event.
Here’s the summary:
ROSEMEADOW, 262 Copperfield Drive – SOLD prior to auction!
ST HELENS PARK, 5 Larapinta Crescent – SOLD prior to auction!
BRADBURY, 9 Creigan Road – SOLD at auction!
BRADBURY, 10 Harrah Place – SOLD at auction!
CAMPBELLTOWN, 114 Waminda Avenue – SOLD at auction!
BRADBURY, 17 Summers Place – SOLD at auction!
CAMPBELLTOWN, 20 Allman Street – Passed-in
BRADBURY, 190 St Johns Road – SOLD at auction!
AIRDS, 4 Haddon Rig Place – SOLD at auction!
BRADBURY, 180 St Johns Road – SOLD at auction!
AIRDS, 7 Falkiner Way – Passed-in
Of the two properties that were “Passed-in” at the event 7 Falkiner Way has now been SOLD, and we expect 20 Allman Street will be sold shortly.
MARCH AUCTION EVENT STATISTICS:
- Nine of the eleven properties were SOLD – an 82% clearance rate.
- Our team achieved an average of 38 buyer inspections per property leading up to the auction.
- There was an average of 10 bidders per property at the auction event.
- Results averaged $34,000 over our sellers’ reserve prices.
Our experience and results over the last four years of monthly auction events has shown us that our auction method is a great way of getting buyers and sellers together for optimum results.
Other methods of sale are also effective, however none have the absolute transparency of the auction method. At our auction events, both buyers and sellers witness the process in action!
If you are looking to buy a property that is being sold by auction, here are some important points to keep in mind:
- Under the auction method, all buyers are given equal opportunity to buy.
- When you are bidding on a property, you know and can see who your competitors are.
- If you are purchasing under auction conditions, you know you are dealing with a seller who is committed to selling.
- At the fall of the hammer, the auction is final, and if you are successful, the property is yours with no further negotiation. The contract is then signed straight away.
A big “thank you” to all our sellers and buyers from our March auction event. Thanks also to our Auctioneer, Paul Casarotto, and our supporters Domain, The Macarthur Advertiser and Harcourts NSW.
OUR NEXT IN-ROOM AUCTION EVENT WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY 17TH OF APRIL. SEE OUR WEBSITE PROPERTYPEOPLE.NET.AU FOR MORE INFORMATION, OR CALL OUR OFFICE ON 4628 7444.